Sunday, July 24, 2011

Five Months! Where Does the Time Go?


Wow. Time is such an interesting phenomenon. Five months can either seem like a really long time or such a quick and rapid time lapse. When I was in college the semester seemed to last forever; less than five months. The days would drag on and I would find myself always saying, "Ugh. It is ONLY Tuesday," or "Ugh. We still have three months left of these semester. Gross." Time seemed to stand still at times, like when I would have to take a test that I had crammed for the night before. The clock stood still as I sat and stared at questions that I was surely guessing the answers to.

Skip ahead almost two years and time has figuratively flown by. It almost makes me sad to think that five months have come and gone so quickly. Poof. My baby was born five months ago. My life changed in the most beautiful way five months ago. My life started five months ago. Our lives were blessed with the greatest gift five months ago. Ethan Thomas Alameida entered the world with two loving people waiting to get their hands all over him to love on him and kiss him until his skin chaffed. Honestly, I'm not so sure he has Eczema, but that he might just have worn out skin from all the smooches he gets from me. Okay, so it's probably Eczema, but there is seriously no shortage of kisses going to that boy. Not in the least.

It is crazy to think that five months can feel like two totally different pieces of time, even though they are exactly the same. He has literally grown up in front of our eyes so quickly, but I've managed to capture and keep every moment because I've got over 2,700 pictures of him. I know, ridiculous, but I love taking photos and when you've got the best possible muse why waste it? He has been the biggest blessing I could ever imagine. He is honestly the most calm, content and happy little boy I've ever encountered. I like to think it is because of all the love he gets, but deep down I know he is the way he is because that is the way God created him. I can only speak for myself when I say this, but I honestly thank God every single night in my prayers for Ethan. He makes me smile from within and I can't imagine how I lived without him or how I ever would. My days revolve around him and his nap and feeding schedule and I wouldn't have it any other way. Things in life have drastically changed and it doesn't bother me in the least.

I am living my dream by taking care of this precious gift and loving on him so he never has to ask what love is. He will grow to understand it fully because he is surrounded by it. Being a mother is the most wonderful thing in the world and I'm very thankful that I have such a wonderful mother that set a loving example for me. I never had to doubt the love from my parents and to this day, I know I say it a lot, but they are my best friends. They also love Ethan to pieces and it must be such a rewarding gift to see your own children have children. It must be so neat to see your child experiencing the love that you've known since the day they were born. I pray for that for Ethan, that he can experience the love Josh and I have for him some day when he has his own children.

Although it is sad how quickly these past five months have gone, they have been the best five months of our lives. I can't say it's been hard because Ethan is such a sweet baby. I can't even remember the sleepless nights in a negative light because if I wasn't sleeping in the middle of the night, I was holding Ethan and how can I not be happy about that?

It's been amazing to watch him grow these past five months. Here is just a small sampling of the sweet little things we got to watch him do:

Smile
Laugh
Coo
Reach for Toys
Babble
Scream with Joy
Roll Over
Smile...Oh, did I mention that? :)
Put Weight on His Legs
Play in His Jumperoo
Pet Nalah and NOT get scratched...she LOVES him. Crazy, we know.

There are so many more things, but those are the very memorable ones as I'm sitting here typing this at 1:30 in the morning in between my two boys.

I have so enjoyed these last five months, but I surely hope that the next five don't seem to go as fast. Although I have to admit that I am surely looking forward to them because I know he will be growing into such a cute little guy and his personality will come out more and more. Priceless.

I realize I've again written a short novel, but I can't help it. I type incredibly fast and honestly about as fast as I can think, I can type. It is a good and bad thing. :)

Happy Five-Month Birthday, Ethan. Daddy and I love you very much. Sweet dreams, Mister Mister. <3

Until next time, God Bless.

Bryana

"Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see." - Hebrews 11:1


No comments:

Post a Comment